Monday, February 27, 2012

Best Poor Man's Meal


This meal is without a doubt one of my favorites....but I will probably say that about each of the recipes I post on here. This is delicious Shepherds Pie. It is a nice easy meal that just gets thrown together. This is a recipe from our Enumclaw Tri-Ward cookbook by Carla Jarman.

Shepherd's Pie
1lb. ground beef
1/4 C onions, chopped
1/4 C celery, chopped
1 C cream of mushroom soup
1-2 C green beans
cheddar cheese, slice or grated
2 C mashed potatoes

I don't ever add in the celery, onions, or cheese. You cook the meat and boil the potatoes. Mash the potatoes and season with anything of your choice. I typically do butter, a little sour cream, a little cream cheese and garlic salt and pepper. Layer the in the following order: meat, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and then mashed potatoes. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and cook the pan uncovered.

I know those directions were not the clearest but the meal is easy enough and I'm sure most everyone has made it anyway. I just LOVE it so much.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the younger Johnson's but when my mom had Rebekah (it must have been right guys?) someone in our ward brought us Shepard's Pie in an icecream gallon bucket and for whatever reason that Shepard's Pie was kind of sick. So I am happy to have a new and endorsed recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete